Saturday 24 July 2010

Some Mysteries in Wizard101.

Naturally, since I started playing the game, there have always been a few puzzles which I've never found the answer to, and glitches that don't make sense, and other strange and random things. These are often completely pointless and very unnecessary, so I've compiled them to make a post.

So, to start off with...


Notice that this book is called "The Magic of the Storm", and it is also a housing item which is a reward for a storm spell quest. I think. But it's in all of the school rooms! Well, not balance. But the balance school is weird...

I mean...


What are these hieroglyphics meant to say anyway? ... Anyone? No?

... Well, after a quick Google search, I found a this brilliant thread on central, which is working on working it out. Turns out I'm not the only one who wanders around looking for things to think about.

But again, with regards to chalkboards...


OK, I'm pretty sure there isn't a life spell called Bounceback. Hmm... This could be interesting. I've checked the wiki, and nothing. There are a few central threads which look into it, but I don't think there are any solid answers yet... Maybe KI will give us a nice new life spell with Celestia and the new schools and such...



Talking of schools, why exactly are these things here? I mean, they're nice enough, and are probably just symbolism or something... But there isn't a balance one...


In  other news, this appeared a while back when I was loading up Wizard101 on my new laptop. Naturally, I was confused. So I took a screenshot, thought about it, and decided to post it here, because I'm still confused. Anyone know about the secret world?

Now, in Wizard City news...


Why can you get up here in the life tower?


And more importantly, why not in the storm tower? :(

In Krokotopia news...


 What happened to everyone?


That heckhound is not green. If I saw a green heckhound, I would be either worried, or excited that there was a life version of a fire pet.


Also, this is (obviously) from the Royal Museum... Which left me thinking: Why are Marleybonians so obsessed with Krokotopia? I mean, they're all over the place there! And they have a whole museum dedicated to that stuff!


And seriously, what's the point of having these here? Are you taunting me, KI? I want to go to street level! Could these ever be used for anything? Maybe? Please?


And it does make me wonder, why Marleybone has pipes sticking out of the sides... I know it's meant to represent an industrial-revolution-time-England... But still. It's a nice idea, though.


I have discovered that all Marleybonian police officers are ghosts. You can walk straight through them. I notice this is a common trait in NPCs in general, actually. Or just people in general.


I don't know why Barkingham Palace is there. I can't get through the door anyhow, which is a bit disappointing. I would have loved to see a canine monarchy.


Since when was the Wood Golem a deck? Same goes for Cat Thug and Brass Golem.... Hmm...

Now, in housing/me being dumb news (which I do know the answers to):


 How did I get inside this tent? Well, I think I got this housing item either as a quest reward or drop, and then I trapped myself in it, after which I had to port out, because every time I tried to move it a message popped up telling me I was too close to the object to move it. It's in my lovely Krokotopia house... Yes, you read that right...


Mystery no. 2, what possessed me to buy this? If I were going to get a new house, I would have gotten a MB one, because, in all honesty, that's my favourite world. (Favorite. Yeah. Um. Yeah.) The answer is... I was planning to preview it, and I clicked on Buy. And then, there we go. No "Are you sure you want to purchase this item?". Just "YOU NOW OWN A DESERT VILLA", which didn't go down too well.

Anyway, where I am, it's really late again, and that's all I have to say, other than (as you may remember) part 5 is not going too well but I'm working on it and I'm hoping to get it done this week. And I'll post when I finish it.

Diviner OUT!

4 comments:

  1. True that with the heckhound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a tiny bit cynical to the fact that there are no mysteries that aren't quests in wizard101. I mean, come on! The site is huge! It would be great if there was a huge secret Easter egg mystery that connected all the worlds together?

    Also, the court with the school emblems on? I wish that if you gathered one student from each school and said something like the school name etc. the ravenwood balance school would appear. It seems weird to have it all the way in Krokatopia and have someone from Marleybone teach it in ravenwood...

    I'm actually on the hunt for stuff like this :) my name is Sophia Dreamcrafter

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st of all- The BOUNCEBACK spell is a life spell that got replaced GUIDING LIGHT and BRILLIANT LIGHT

    You said, "Also, this is (obviously) from the Royal Museum... Which left me thinking: Why are Marleybonians so obsessed with Krokotopia? I mean, they're all over the place there! And they have a whole museum dedicated to that stuff!"

    For your information, THE BRITISH (Marleybonian Dogs) STEAL EVERYTHING! Even during the industrial revolution, afterwards they started a campaign of world domination (Age of Imperialism), now they start to take stuff. So this is the age of imperialism, wizard101's history is kind of off xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Barkimham Palace is a dungeon that you can complete when you reach a certain level, I forgot which one. Also, great post, it was pretty funny and full of personality!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...