Saturday 23 October 2010

An off-topic post in parts

1. Wizardblox


There's been an update recently, which made me ultra happy because it had iOS 4 compatibility and also a whole bunch of awesome prizes! Like...




The best one?



What a brilliant prize! I'm far too lazy to go reageant farming, so playing WizardBlox over and over has some productivity associated with it. That's always a positive. WizardBlox FTW!

2. Halloween


I did the quests last year, but it's nice to see Jack Hallow back again. If I get some spare time I might try and go through the towers again... Maybe.

Also, um, is Halloween a really big thing in the US? Because personally, I've never been trick or treating, or dressed up, and I don't really understand the concept. :S Culture differences? I mean, there's always a big display in shops and stuff, and some people do go trick or treating, but Nat and I personally have never been. And it's not huge.

3. I was browsing through the W101 Fan Art archives and I saw this:




My verdict: Sarah, you're a brilliant artist and that is completely and utterly awesome.

4. Writing


Part 6 isn't done. I'm probably two thirds through it now, but seeing as it's half term now, I should have it done within the week, if not in a few days. I don't know if you care about that too much, though. *shrug*

Still on the topic of writing, however, has anyone here heard of NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month? No? Basically, it's a Well, I was thinking of taking part in the Young Writers Program this year. I know it may be a bit late to be starting to think about it now, with, what, eight days to go? But seeing as I like writing so much, it might be an option... Despite the fact that I have a piano exam in December... Still, at least on the YWP you can set your own goal, so I don't have to push myself too much. 50,000 words would kill me. But I can write a lot when I need to - I mean, each part of my story is between 4000 and 6000 words, or around that (Part 6 will probably be a bit longer, about 5000 at the moment.), so I think I could do it. And seeing as I have lousy time management skills, well... Practise makes perfect, right?

If you're interested in learning more about that, go to nanowrimo.org or check out the information for the main competition here or the young writers program here. Any inspiration will help. Hint hint. I'd probably better check with my parents whether it's ok first, though, so nothing's definite yet. But I'll probably do it.

Also, I know people who have done NaNoWriMo where I am, so I don't think the 'National' part is that important.

Anyway, I think that's all.

Diviner OUT!

3 comments:

  1. :D!! My picture!
    Thanks for putting it up! AND for saying it was awesome, of course. Dunno if Sierra saw it yet, but it would be awesome if she did!
    NaNoWriMo? Never heard of it, but it sounds cool! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you're welcome, because, well, it IS undoubtedly awesome. Did I mention you're brilliant at drawing? I wish I could draw like that, seriously. Y'know, I hope Sierra has seen it/will see it soon - I bet she'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, that drawing was awesome
    cant wait till part 6!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, are you going to comment? That's great! Go on! Don't let me distract you. Just type away...